In order to keep our customers, trainers and the community-at-large safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, Black Laser Learning has developed the following policies. They are based on guidance from the CDC and OSHA as well as policies published by the Department of Defense and a sampling of major US corporations. We will update this policy as conditions change.
Black Laser Learning will abide by all National, State and Local ordinances limiting gatherings, activities and travel. In order to meet these requirements and minimize the spread of COVID-19, we are offering a range of web-based training alternatives.
For those seeking to schedule live training, please be advised that until further notice our trainers will not travel by air. Assuming that travel by other means is deemed safe and practical, the trainer and host may decide to conduct in-person group training by establishing a mutually acceptable plan which meets, at minimum, the following criteria:
- Class size is limited to comply with Federal, State and Local ordinances regarding group gatherings
- Each day of training, temperature checks are conducted for all class participants and the trainer
- The classroom venue is of sufficient size/set-up to allow for adequate social distancing
- Hand sanitizer and/or hand washing facilities and surface cleaners are available at the classroom venue and in the field
- Participants don appropriate PPE, per OSHA guidelines, State/Local ordinances and as agreed by the trainer and host
- The host and trainer establish a plan to minimize person-to-person contact on boats during field practice. This may include minimizing the number of trainees on a boat, use of PPE and sanitizing surfaces between users.